Protection from Wind Damage
Many areas of the United States have experienced heavy winds and storms this season, and the strong, powerful winds can cause significant damage to your home. Wind damage can result in a range of destruction to your property, from broken windows and fallen tree branches to severe damage to your roof, garage, or car. SERVPRO of Greater Carrollwood/Citrus Park is “Here to help” with storm restoration and storm damage protection before disaster strikes. We’re available 24/7 at (813) 694-9085. Here are some steps you can take to minimize the risk of harm to your home when severe weather hits your property.
It is easy to feel overwhelmed when a massive storm is approaching. SERVPRO of Greater Carrollwood/Citrus Park can assist in storm damage prevention to help you save time while preparing for the storm. By taking precautions to protect your home, you can ease your mind and reduce the strain on your wallet.
- Secure any potential debris around your home such as patio furniture, toys, garbage cans, and other objects.
- Keep up with regular tree maintenance, trimming dead limbs, and removing weak trees, to reduce the likelihood of structural damage.
- Bolt your doors and windows with foot and head bolts, and reinforce your garage door and tracks.
- Ensure your roofing system has anchored trusses and decking to the walls and foundation to keep the entire roof from lifting off the building in a strong wind.
- Install a roof covering that will protect the structure from high winds and impact from hail and other debris.
Mitigating Damage After a Storm
A major storm or hurricane can cause high levels of stress. SERVPRO of Greater Carrollwood/Citrus Park is “Here to help” and lessen the emotional burden. It is our top priority to make you and your family feel safe and cared for. We have identified these three key steps you can take immediately after a storm occurs.
- Review and Assess the Damage
- Contact SERVPRO of Greater Carrollwood/Citrus Park
- Contact Your Insurance Provider
Before you begin inspecting the damage to your home, check local news to make sure that your area is safe. Watch out for downed power lines and other hazards such as broken glass, standing water, and collapsing roof materials. Look around your property for holes in the roof, broken shingles, dents in gutters, and split seams.
Once you have assessed the damage, call SERVPRO of Greater Carrollwood/Citrus Park at (813) 694-9085. We are available 24/7 and are committed to responding immediately to your flood or storm damage emergency. SERVPRO of Greater Carrollwood/Citrus Park can access resources from 1,700 Franchises across the state and country and even utilize Disaster Recovery Teams for major storms and disasters.
If you have insurance, you should contact your provider as soon as possible. We will work closely with you and your insurance to find the best approach to your storm restoration.
Contacting a storm damage restoration professional and your insurance provider as soon as the storm is over is imperative to limit secondary damage and restoration costs. SERVPRO of Greater Carrollwood/Citrus Park is “Here to help.” Call us 24/7 at (813) 694-9085.